8.02.2007

Hit in the face

It's amazing to me how everything about life seems to coordinate. There can be a million things going on at one time and yet they all have a purpose that is brought to life only when they are all present. And when you least expect everything to make sense, you are hit in the face with something that finally opens your eyes.

This happened to me today when I was reading Matthew 6:19-21 on a "whim." In the past week, my work life has changed drastically due to some downsizing. Because of this, parts of my job description changed which left me very frustrated at the inability to reap the seeds that I have sowun. (As a sales rep, this can be quite a frustrating thing - motivation is brought on by reward, you know.) But then I read this, "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." My motivation was in rewards such as respect at work, words from man, and most of all, money. Instead, I should have been glad that tools for helping people in their walk were distributed all over, that I was able to make dear friends all across the US, and that I have been part of a great team of people learning to work together better.

Glad this hit in the face came now and not later. But I'm still trying to recover from it all.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

hey Erin! Looking forward to your visit up here soon! Keep the faith, girl.