8.21.2007

Change and Transition

It isn't change that I don't like. It is transition. And why is that transition is so hard when I know that the destination is where I want to be?

I've always wanted to write a book and for a long time I thought it would be on how to transition through life well. But I'm not sure that transitioning well is something that I am very good at. Trusting God isn't something that I'm very good at. So how can following Him through a change be either?

I'm getting ready to travel again this week for work. Even though I was gone on a trip last week, the upcoming 8 day trip isn't looking too appealing. (That's one transition) On this trip, I will be transitioning jobs to working with ministries instead of bookstores. (That's another transition) At the end of the trip, I will be spending the evening with a lady from Crossworld, who I have been talking with about taking steps toward going overseas long term. (Another transition but one that I am very eager about.) If you think of it, please pray for our time together next Thurs. evening and Fri. morning.

On a lighter note, I found a new journal that I'm excited about transitioning into and I've been toying around with the idea of rearranging my bedroom. Both of these are changes, as well as transitions, that I'm looking forward to. But the major difference between these and the previous changes/transitions is that I'm in control of these and I know what it will (or will not, in this case) cost me.

Do you have any advice about transition you can offer me?

(By the way, I'm not still planning on writing a book on this subject so you don't need to worry - you won't be quoted.)

2 comments:

allijack said...

my advice is to accelerate through the change. in other words: harness it for growth. learn something. reflect on where you've been. where you're going. improve. make things more efficient, comfortable, challenging. like in driving: it's pathetic to lose momentum around a turn or miss the opportunity to accelerate just before the hard point on a hill... so see the hill ahead. and go for it.

katie said...

i miss you. hurry up and come home so we can grab breakfast and sit for hours talking at hungry bear.