2.02.2009

Word of Promise: The Gift of Psalms

I was familiar with the Word of Promise because of the New Testament CDs so I was very excited when I got the chance to review The Gift of Psalms. This devotional comes with a very nice book with a few selected Psalms and the brief devotional for each day. But what makes this book so special are the CDs with each Psalm read completely. I know that there is a lot of publicity around the actors that participated in making it and I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't cheesy.

I have about a five minute drive to work each day so I thought it would be a great time to listen to the devotionals. I spend a couple minutes before I left to read the cooresponding section in the book and then I headed off to work. As I started the CD, I was first drawn in by the voice. I love hearing the Psalms read by a man (which most of them are with this product). I could hear the emotion behind Davids words and I loved the Psalms that they chose to include. After the Psalm was read, a different voice shared the devotional which was word for word from the book. I was a little disappointed in this because I was hoping to hear something more than what I had just read. But one great thing about hearing the devotional again was that I picked up on different things the second time through. I walked away feeling like I had had a completely different devotional experience than before.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I was shocked to see that it was so well made. This would make a great gift since the wrap is what contains most of the advertising. I felt as though I had received a gift when I opened got this in a mail and I will definitely think of this again when I'm shopping for someone.

I was touched. I wished that all the Psalms were used but there are a lot of them so I can understand. This product was great. I encourage you to check it out.

No comments: