1.18.2009

The Update Post

Lets see, how can I update everyone about what happened last year? I'll give you the shortened version because some of these events I don't feel like digging up again. Here it goes.....
  1. I went to New York City for work and saw a play on Broadway (a dream of mine).
  2. Went to Michigan to see my friend Ann with a cute pregnant belly.
  3. I decided to start looking at buying a house (mostly because I hate moving every 6-12 months).
  4. Went to Michigan again to see Pete, my now favorite baby boy.
  5. I met a boy.
  6. I bought an 1898 Victorian style home. I love it!
  7. My parents brought me all the rest of my stuff that they've been trying to get out of their house. Fun to show them the new place.
  8. I lost all sight in my right eye.
  9. My mom came out to take care of me for a week. What a blessing it was!
  10. The boy and I broke up.
  11. I lost feeling from the waist down on my right side.
  12. I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and started on drugs to slow down the disease.
  13. I went to Dallas for Thanksgiving with my parents, my brother and his wife, Kendra, and of course, Walker (my dog).
  14. Stayed here for Christmas and my parents joined me. First Christmas in my new house.
What a crazy year. I can't believe all that has happened. But it's done and God was faithful through it all! I have learned so much about being and trusting. Being weak, being strong, being angry and being sad. Trusting God, trusting nothing, learning to trust again and leaning only on trust in God.

So that has been my year and I'm more of who God wants me to be because of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erin,
I appreciate your sharing your thoughts both up and down with us. So thanks for your doing this. Thanks for being a witness to me.
John R - Longmont