11.05.2007

more thoughts on change

When the pain of staying the same exceeds the pain of change, you change.
~Pastor Sal Sberna - Metropolitan Baptist Church, Houston,TX
The year 2006 was a hard year and last year at this time I was wondering when it would be over. I did infact endure the final two months of the year but it was painful. But when I look back, I am glad that I went through those painful seasons because of two things - they forced me to change because staying was so uncomfortable and they made me grateful for where I am today. I know it's not quite the end of the year and I haven't accomplished all my goals for 2007 (yet) but I would never have guessed a year ago that I would be where I am today. Now some of you may be wondering what I'm talking about - has her job changed? is she moving soon? No and no. Not much has changed other than my walk with God. He has become my friend and my comforter. His words are refreshing to me and His plan for my life has played out beautifully so far. I can't wait to look back on this year.

No comments: