7.21.2008

Part 2

"So do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God...."

Since I finished my last dose of Prednisone, I haven't seen much improvement in my vision. There is still a cloudiness that blocks everything in my direct line of sight but the doctor was still hopeful given that I had seen such an improvement during those first 2 weeks. On Friday morning, I noticed that the vision was getting worse again -- I was seeing the same cloudiness in the top part of my vision as well as feeling a sharp pain when I looked up, down or to the sides. So this morning I went in to see the ophthalmologist and after consulting with the neurologist that I'm seeing next week, they decided to give me three more doses of Solu-Medrol and a tapering dosage of Prednisone for 6 days following. I just got home from my first of three treatments -- there were some pretty good cooking shows on to keep my attention for the 2 1/2 hours.

I'd be lying if I said that I'm not scared. I am. I guess at this point I'm just trying really hard to take it easy. I was probably pushing myself too hard to get back into my regular routine. Patience....it's hard.

"...I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

While I was sitting in the waiting room this morning, there was a father with his six year old son who must have been having some problems with his left eye. He was trying to play in the waiting room but he was having to use his hang to cover up his eye in order to see what he was doing. After some frustration at his inabilities, he went over to his daddy, climbed up onto his lap and curled up into a ball before falling asleep. As I watched this boy seek out the comfort of his father, I was reminded that my heavenly Father is doing the same for me right now. So today I'm climbing back into his arms -- a place where I can find rest as I set aside the schedule I wish I could keep, comfort from all the "what ifs" of going through all this again and healing that only the Great Physician can provide.

Thank you for all your prayers. I couldn't make it through this without them. This time has been especially hard since I had hoped to be further along at this point.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Oh, Erin. I'm so thankful that your vision is coming back, even if there are little setbacks along the way. Brienne filled me in on your life recently! Lots of excitement! I'll be praying for you!