10.11.2007

Leavin' on a jet plane

You won't believe this but I am so excited about spending a weekend in Wichita, KS! Some of you may think I'm crazy but two of my favorite people live there and right now, I'm dying to connect with them. It wasn't until a couple nights ago when I was headed home from a VERY long day at work that I realized how badly I wanted to roll down my windows, turn up the radio and sing at the top of my lungs with Aubrey right beside me laughing because I don't know all the words. I could really use some time curled up next to April talking about nothing and everything for hours on end. And I haven't been able to give in to my cravings for ice cream because for some reason, a Cold Stone Mudpie Mojo just doesn't taste the same here in Colorado. So tomorrow night, when I get on that plane, I'll pull out my ipod, turn on Feels Like Home, close my eyes and remember all the times that I have listened to this song with my two friends in the upstairs bedroom of a house in Manhattan, KS one very special day long ago.

I can't wait to hug them when I get off that plane!! I can't wait to laugh until my stomach hurts. Oh and on Saturday night, I'll be with them in front of a TV watching the K-State game. But more than anything, I can't wait to be with two friends that understand who I am without having to explain it. Being known - I love that feeling.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you make me cry---i am so excited!

Claire said...

Hey!

Sooo...I'm a blogger and I just happened to be a friend of Aub's as well. I got curious and I wanted to check your blog out. I hope you don't mind!

I hope your time back to Kansas leaves you feeling refreshed and renewed!!

Blessings!!!!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time girl! I am so glad you are able to take this trip. Enjoy every minute of it.

Anonymous said...

I love you Erin. Know that I say that from the deepest part of my heart. You mean so much to me. Just reading the words on your page makes me heart ache for time to cease for a moment. Our lives have been so crazy the past 7 years. I miss living life with you, laughing with you, growing with you, hurting with you, being with you. You know me in a way that no one ever will and I am so thankful that you are a part of my life and my heart. Can't wait to see you...

allijack said...

I'll miss you! have an amazing weekend & let's swap stories someday [soon] when we're both back in town.